NeutronOptics - Optional 16-bit Peltier cooled CCD
Optional 16-bit Peltier cooled CCD
The NeutronOptics macro x-ray camera can be supplied with an optional 16-bit CCD unit,
with 752x582 pixels as shown (with 8mm Pb-glass CCD protection - a 90o mirror
can also be fitted). This CCD unit is Peltier cooled,
and connected to a Windows computer via a USB-2 cable used to control the camera
and collect the image. Amplified 10m USB cable extensions can be supplied.
The standard camera options (wired/wireless controller,
video cables and screen etc) are not needed with this 16-bit cooled CCD.
12V power is required only for cooling.
Control and display software is provided,
or it can be controlled by ImageJ.
The characteristics of the 16-bit CCD camera are:
- Sensor Type: Sony ICX429ALL ExView HAD interlaced CCD
- Image size: Diagonal 8 mm (Type 1/2")
- Pixel Size: 8.6 µM x 8.3 µM
- Resolution: 752x582 pixels
- Quantum Efficiency: ~80% peak
- Full Well Capacity: 50,000 electrons
- Dark current: Less than 0.01 electrons per second (0ºC)
- ADC Dynamic Range : 16 bit grey scale
- Readout Noise: 8.5 e- typical value (0ºC)
- Readout Time: 1.7s (full) or 0.8s (preview) or 0.5s (2x2 binning)
- Exposure Time: Minimum 1ms, Maximum 50 hours
- Interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12v DC 0.8A if cooling, USB powered otherwise
- Cooling: Thermoelectric set point with max ΔT=-20°C
- CCD Unit: 97mm diameter, 50mm height, 318g weight
- Camera Length: 200 mm
- Field-of-View (FOV): 4x3 mm or 8x6 mm. Maximum 24x18 mm.
- Focusing Ring: A single ring controls focusing and magnification
- Scintillator: The scintillator and window can be quickly replaced
- Scintillator Choice: Resolution & Efficiency depend on thickness
- Supplied: Various RE-scintillators, C-window, Pb-glass shielding
- Available: 10µ single crystal YAG:Ce high resolution scintillator